Families looking for the perfect getaway should look into planning Orlando family holidays. Orlando is the ultimate holiday destination no matter how old you are or how you want to spend your time.
Here are the top 5 reasons to take Orlando family holidays
- Walt Disney World. If you have never been, or you have not been since you were a kid yourself, then you should know that Disney World is truly a magical place. No place else brings instant joy to the faces of young and old alike like Magic Kingdom does. As soon as you see the iconic Cinderella’s Castle you know you are in for an amazing time. Meet all of your favourite characters, from Mickey Mouse himself to Buzz Lightyear to Rapunzel and the rest of the Disney Princesses. Take flight with Dumbo and get soaked on Splash Mountain. The magic continues in Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach. Disney makes for an adventure that you and your entire family will never forget.
- Universal Studios and Adventure Island. Universal’s two theme parks have really come into their own over the last decade. Universal Studios is great for kids with attractions such as its E.T. ride, the fun-filled Woody Woodpecker Kids Zone, Curious George Goes to Town, Shrek 4D, Nickelodeon, and The Simpsons. Islands of Adventure has fantastic roller coasters, Jurassic Park, Seuss Landing, and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove. Visit SeaWorld to see marine life up close and personal. Be amazed at how smart the dolphins and killer whales are. Do not miss the sharks, polar bears, and penguins. SeaWorld’s sister park Discovery Cove gives you a Caribbean island experience. Snorkel their makeshift coral reef which is full of tropical fish and even stingrays. Relax on their sandy beach, swim under a waterfall, and float through an aviary. Aquatica is SeaWorld’s spectacular water park with water fun for the entire family.
- Family-Friendly Hotels. Perhaps nowhere in the world has more family-friendly hotels than Orlando. For some luxurious fun and convenience, stay on site at one of the many Disney or Universal themed hotels. Off-site hotels will be a bit easier on your budget, but you might be surprised at just how luxurious a hotel you will be able to afford. Many hotels have family suites perfect for large groups. All will have a swimming pool, some even with water slides and kiddie pools.
- Easy Day Trips. There are many options for day trips outside of Orlando, all within an easy drive. Head to the ocean to the east or the Gulf Coast to the west. Visit historic St. Augustine, the oldest European settlement in the United States. Relax in the serenity of Ocala National Forest and snorkel in the crystal clear springs of central Florida. Explore the history of the space program in Cape Canaveral. Spend a day exploring Tampa and beautiful St. Petersburg. See the mermaids at Weeki Wachee Springs.